June 16th 2020
On Tuesday evening, June 16, smoke development was reported in a container at Azelio’s development center in Åmål. Azelio’s staff was first on-site followed by the fire department. A minor smouldering fire from leaked sodium outside the system generated smoke and a passive extinguishing work was performed, after which the smouldering fire went out and smoke generation ceased. No person was injured in the incident.
The container contained, among other things, two of Azelio’s energy storage units. At a first assessment, the incident is not attributable to Azelio’s technology and the damage to the container and its contents are of milder nature. The equipment will soon be restored, which is not expected to have any impact on the company’s time plan for ongoing commercialisation and technology verification.
“Most important, of course, is that no one was harmed. We will now do a thorough review of the incident. What we can already ascertain is that our preparedness for a fire and the collaboration with the fire department is functioning,” says Jonas Eklind CEO of Azelio.
For more information, contact
Jonas Eklind – CEO at Azelio
Tel: +46 709 40 35 80
Azelio is a Swedish cleantech company. We have developed an ingenious long duration energy storage technology, providing dispatchable electricity and usable heat for all hours of the day – with zero emissions and at a very competitive cost.
417 56 Gothenburg
© Azelio 2022